This Indiana Geological Survey website focuses on the geology of Allen County in northeastern Indiana. Funding was provided in part by the Great Lakes Geologic Mapping Coalition. Allen County is in the Central Great Lakes Geologic Mapping Coalition priority areas based on population density and transportation corridors. The preliminary development of the concepts and terrain images presented on the site was completed during earlier Coalition-funded tasks. University Information Technology Services at Indiana University provided a new DEM mosaic and high-resolution aerial photographs for Allen County.
The following staff and contract employees of the Indiana Geological Survey provided expertise in creating the Allen County – A Geologic Atlas site.
- Nancy R. Hasenmueller - Project coordinator. Provided expertise on the bedrock geology and glossary terms, compiled the HTML pages on bedrock geology and bedrock topography, and reviewed the HTML Web pages.
- Michael S. Daniels - Reformatted and updated the Allen County Web pages in 2011 and 2013.
- John M. Day - Photographed the bedrock cores for the HTML pages.
- Deborah A. DeChurch - Edited the interactive map site, HTML pages, and metadata.
- Nathan K. Eaton - Provided Web expertise and reviewed the contents of the interactive map site.
- Anthony H. Fleming - Provided expertise on the geology and glossary terms, compiled the HTML page on the surficial geology, reviewed the contents of the website, and provided photographs of surficial and bedrock deposits in Allen County.
- Barb T. Hill - Photographed the bedrock cores for the HTML pages.
- Marni D. Karaffa - Provided expertise on the surficial geology and glossary terms, compiled the drift thickness HTML page, and reviewed the HTML Web pages.
- Jennifer R. Olejnik - Compiled the HTML pages for the iLITH database, gamma-ray logging program, and clay thickness maps. Coordinated the preparation of gamma-ray log digital data. Compiled metadata for all new and revised layers on the interactive map site.
- Prem Radhakrishnan - Prepared programs to display the data from the gamma-ray logs in LAS format and the iLITH lithologic data in a report format on the interactive map site.
- Robin F. Rupp - Prepared the bedrock and surficial geology data for the Allen County interactive map site. Prepared the illustrations for the Allen County HTML pages and compiled the surficial geology, water-table elevation, and DEM terrain HTML pages.
- Todd A. Thompson - Prepared a program to display data from the digital gamma-ray logs in a graphic format.
- A. Chris Walls - Prepared the Allen County Web pages and interactive map site.
- Alex R. Zlotin - Prepared the Allen County Web pages and interactive map site.
- Justin P. Peters - Reformatted and updated the Allen County interactive map site in 2013.
- Matthew R. Johnson - Reformatted and updated the Allen County Web pages and interactive map site in 2013.
Updated: Oct 2013