This Indiana Geological Survey (IGS) Web site focuses on the geology of Marion County in central Indiana. Funding was provided in part by the Great Lakes Geologic Mapping Coalition. Marion County is the location of the Indiana state capitol, Indianapolis, and is a Great Lakes Geologic Mapping Coalition priority area based on population density and transportation corridors. The preliminary development of the concepts and terrain images presented on this site was completed during earlier projects involving Steven E. Brown, Anthony H. Fleming, and Victoria R. Ferguson, former employees of the Indiana Geological Survey. The original digital Marion County maps and GIS coverages of surficial deposits were constructed by Steven E. Brown and Andrew J. Laudick, a former employee of the Marion County Health Department.
The following individuals provided expertise in creating the Marion County-A Geologic Atlas site.
- Nancy R. Hasenmueller, IGS - Project coordinator. Provided expertise on the bedrock geology and helped prepare the bedrock HTML pages.
- Steven E. Brown, Illinois State Geological Survey, Prairie Research Institute - Served as an external project advisor for the construction of the current Marion County Web site.
- John M. Day, IGS - Scanned slides and formatted images of surficial materials layer of the IMS site.
- Deborah A. DeChurch, IGS - Edited the IMS site, metadata, and HTML pages.
- Michael S. Daniels, IGS - Provided Web expertise and formatted the contents of the IMS site and HTML pages.
- Anthony H. Fleming - Provided expertise on the geology, reviewed the contents of the Web site, and provided photographs of surficial and bedrock deposits in Marion County. Helped prepare HTML pages.
- Rosemarie Hansell, Marion County Department of Health - Served as an external project advisor for the construction of the current Marion County Web site.
- Walter A. Hasenmueller, IGS - Provided updated maps and digital data for the bedrock geology and thickness of the unconsolidated deposits in the Marion County area. Helped prepare the bedrock HTML pages.
- Barb T. Hill, IGS - Scanned slides and formatted images of surficial materials layer of the IMS site.
- Christina L. James - Provided updated maps and digital data for the thickness of the unconsolidated deposits in the Marion County area.
- Marni D. Karaffa, IGS - Provided expertise on the surficial geology and geophysical logs. Helped prepare the gamma-ray logging HTML page.
- Paul D. Rohwer, IGS - Provided database and programming expertise.
- Robin F. Rupp, IGS - Prepared the bedrock and surficial geology data for the Marion County IMS site. Compiled metadata for all new and revised layers on the IMS site. Helped prepare HTML pages.
- Todd A. Thompson, IGS - Prepared a program to display data from the digital gamma-ray logs in a graphic format.
- A. Chris Walls - Prepared the Marion County IMS site.
- Alex R. Zlotin - Prepared the Marion County IMS site.